Eastern Michigan University Student Body President Matthew Norfleet will be giving the State of the Student Body Address on Monday in Ballroom B of the Student Center from 5:30-6:30 p.m., during which he will discuss Student Government’s priorities, initiatives and achievements for the 2012-13 academic year.
Norfleet said Student Government has focused on enhancing the student experience for EMU students in and outside the classroom.
Norfleet said he will be providing the EMU community with substantial updates and outcomes for Student Government actions including:
• The AATA Ridership Program
• Institutionalized voter registration efforts
• EMU tuition rebate incentive
• Academic advising reforms
• Tuition equity for undocumented students
• Water bottling stations
• “24 Halle” pilot program
• Club Halle
• Community meal plans
• New York Times Readership Program
• Campus Wi-Fi improvements
As well as past and future collaborative events between Student Government and other organizations, such as:
• Gamers for Giving
• EMU Dancing with the Stars
• Down with Cupid
• I <3 Female Orgasm
• Civic engagement strategy
• World Aids Awareness Week
The Student Body Address is free and open to the public, and the first 50 EMU students will receive a newly designed Student Government T-shirt.
“m b v” as anything but a highly anticipated train ...
Stupid human race