Robbery suspect arrested

A suspect has been arrested in the incident concerning an armed robbery that took place off-campus in the city of Ypsilanti near the intersection of Summit and Sheridan Street, which is located one block south of the main campus and Washtenaw Avenue.

Duane Tyrone Lee was arrested on Sunday by the Ann Arbor Police Department. He is in police custody and is awaiting arraignment.

The Ypsilanti Police Department has investigated Lee and believes he is responsible for two more armed robberies that happened in Ypsilanti. An update also stated that during each of the robberies, the suspect had a handgun. The suspect also threatened to shoot the victim.

If you have any additional information regarding this case please contact Detective Sergeant Tom Eberts at 734-482-9878 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAKUP (773-2587)

The EMU Department of Public Safety would like to remind the University Community to:

• Be aware of your surroundings and look assertive. • Walk with friends or coworkers when possible. • Program the number for EMU Police (734-487-1222) into your cell phone. • Check the EMU Public Safety website for additional safety tips: http://www.emich.edu/publicsafety/police/services/prevention/safety_tips.php