The Ypsilanti Fire Department responded to a second floor house fire on the 600 block of Washtenaw Sunday afternoon.
According to Ypsilanti Fire Captain Dan Cain, the residents were home at the time of the fire, but everyone was evacuated safely. There are no injuries to report.
Next door neighbors reported that a resident of the house afflicted by the fire woke up to a fire on the futon Sunday morning.
It is unclear at this time whether the residents were Eastern Michigan University students.
Cain said they are pursuing an investigation.
“We won’t know for a few hours what happened,” Cain said on the scene.
I saw some people grumbling about the D on Ann Arbor ...
This is the year for EMU soccer! If Eastern doesn't ...