UPDATE: Alleged robbery victim recants statement
The female victim of Thursday’s alleged unarmed robbery recanted her statement, according to an email update sent by Eastern Michigan University’s Department of Public Safety early Friday morning.
The student originally reported having been struck from behind in the Rynearson Parking Lot on Hewitt Road, causing her to briefly lose consciousness.
The Department of Public Safety would like to remind the University Community to:
• Be aware of your surroundings and look assertive.
• Walk with friends or coworkers when possible. Contact SEEUS for nighttime escorts. 487-3387
• Trust your intuition, if a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable, choose an alternative.
• If you feel threatened on campus, look for a blue light phone to call for assistance.
• Program the number for EMU Police (734-487-1222) into your cell phone.
• Check the EMU Public Safety website for additional safety tips: