Must-have fashion trends for fall
Coming back to school isn’t everyone’s favorite task, but with school comes the best season of the year: Fall. It’s full of fashion, fresh starts, and apple cider. Okay, so that last part had nothing to do with fashion, but still, who doesn’t love fall? With fall comes new fashion trends, so here are the seasons six must haves:
1. Joggers: If you’ve ever woken up late for a class you understand the necessity of sweat pants. Joggers are a cute version of sweatpants that make it a breeze to dress down for class or dress up for a night on the town. The most fashionable and comfy way to wear joggers is to match them with an oversized, off the shoulder t-shirt or your favorite sweatshirt, stylish flats, and a statement piece of jewelry. Joggers can be found at Target, Meijer, Forever 21, Macy’s, H&M and many more fashion savvy stores.
2. Sweatshirts: Everyone needs at least one good sweatshirt in college, so make yours personal to you. What do you like? Get one with Aztec print, your favorite animated character, floral print, your favorite novel, or polka dots. The possibilities are endless. Whatever your fancy is, there is a sweatshirt that goes with it. You can find these at Forver21, GoJane.com, Sears, JC Penny, Nike, modcloth.com, thrift store etc.
3. Statement backpack: Printed backpacks are a must have. They’re also a fun and easy way to show off your creativity and serve as a fashion accessory. Jan sport has this trend down pact. Their website has a different bag for every person, and a variety of prints and colors to choose from. Jan
Sport bags are on the expensive side and those who want more bang for their buck should check out Forever 21, asos, Nike, Burlington Coat Factory, T.J. Maxx, thrift stores, etc.
4. Skater skirt: Skater skirts are in this fall simply because they go with everything. You can wear them with a graphic sweatshirt, sweater, boots, flats, or sneakers. It is a must have mix-and-match piece. Skater skirts give your outfit a little girly flare and are comfortable and easy to slip on and slip off.
5. Sneakers: Sneakers are the new loafers in the fashion world this season. Everyone from Marc Jacobs to Giuseppe Zanotti are coming out with their version of high and low top sneakers. To stay ahead of this trend just find some sneakers that you like (Converse, Vans, Nike, Jordan, etc.) in whatever color that you like and rock them with any of the trends mentioned above.
6. Leather or Denim jacket: Staying warm is a big part of the fall. The leather jacket is a perfect, chic look that keeps you warm and gives your outfit a little edge. Denim jackets have been a fall fashion constant for some years now. They are light enough to be worn in any season and heavy enough to keep you warm.
Sweater: 2b by Bebe (out of business sale), $8.74
Skater Skirt: Rainbow (out of business sale), $2.10
Booties: Shoe Carnival, $12.50
Necklace: 2b by Bebe, $3.99
Watch: Fossil, Gifted
Crop top: 2b by Bebe, $10
Skater Skirt: See previous
Lace up Booties: JustFab, $39.95