5 places to explore around Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor is a very diverse area with a variety of different things to do. However, as the summer days stretch on and on we might find ourselves feeling out of options, and reverting to Netfilx binges for entertainment.
If you are looking to mix up your daily routine, here is a list of places in and around Ann Arbor that will surely mix up your entertainment routine.
1. Sky Zone: Sky Zone is a trampoline park located about 15 minutes from Ypsilanti in Canton, Mich. The park features numerous trampolines where you can jump to your heart’s content. On Saturdays from 8 p.m. until 10 p.m. it is only $15 to jump for two hours.
Aside from open jump sessions, Sky Zone also has adult dodge ball from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Sundays and offers fitness classes called SkyRobics if you are looking to change up your weekly workout routine.
“SkyZone is a great option for students looking for somewhere different to go,” said Abby Yeary, a sophomore at Eastern Michigan University. “It was really nice and much more fun than going to the gym.”
2. The Oasis Hot Tub Gardens: Oasis is a hot tub retreat in Ann Arbor. At Oasis you will find 16 different hot tub gardens you can reserve for just yourself, or for you and a few friends. Each of the tubs features decorations to make you feel like you have traveled across the world and you can choose your favorite when you make a reservation.
For the summer, Oasis also has a number of “cool tubs” that are set at a temperature just below your natural body temperature to allow for a refreshing experience even during the hottest summer days.
3. Frita Batidos: Frita Batidos is a restaurant in Ann Arbor featuring Cuban food like no other restaurant in Ann Arbor. It is a great place to go to experience new and different flavors opposed to your everyday foods.
“Take your favorite burger spot and move it about 1,500 miles to Cuba for the freshest and most unique sliders, sandwiches and drinks,” said Conny Cheg, a senior communications major at EMU.
4. Creatopia: Creatopia is not located about 20 minutes outside of Ann Arbor in Plymouth, Mich. At Creatopia you can paint a variety of different ceramic pieces ranging from mugs to wall decorations. Creatopia gives you the ability to create pieces of artwork that you can be proud of, use in your home, and have a fun time making, even if you are not exactly an artist.
“It felt very cool to bring home my own painted creations. Even though I don’t have very good painting skills I still feel proud of the things I make here,” said Ashley Arnold, a frequent customer of Creatopia.
5. Ann Arbor Farmers Market: If you are looking for something really different to do then the Ann Arbor Farmers Market is definitely something to try.
From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday the Farmers Market features a variety of different products ranging from fresh produce to works of art. Located in the historic Kerrytown neighborhood, you are sure to find a variety of locally made and grown goods.