Thursday, Nov. 5
- DPS responded to a student call at 4:24 p.m. at Westview. A screen had been removed from one of the windows, prompting the student to believe someone may have broken in. DPS said nothing was taken. There were no cameras in the area. DPS is continuing to investigate.
- A student's bicycle was stolen from a bike rack outside Mark-Jefferson. The student left the bike secured with a cable at 5:15 p.m. When the student returned at 6:50 p.m., the cable was cut and the bike missing. DPS is reviewing camera footage in the area during the period the bike went missing.
- A non-EMU student was cited for possession of open intoxicants at 7:25 p.m. in Peninsular Park. DPS was patrolling in the park, and discovered three people drinking at a picnic table.
- A parking employee reported a “verbal confrontation” at 9:40 p.m. in Bowen Lot. DPS said a student found the employee giving him a parking ticket and confronted the employee, who felt threatened. DPS did not give the student a citation. It was classified as a “disturbing the peace” incident. The student has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.
Friday, Nov. 6
- A student reported 4th degree forcible contact to DPS at 4:58 a.m. in Pitman Hall. The student reported being touched inappropriately by another student. DPS made contact with the offending student and charges have been submitted to the prosecutor. The Office of Student Conduct is involved.
- DPS responded to a report of vandalism at 7:51 p.m. in Goddard. A glass door on the west side of the building was broken into. DPS has no suspects. The case is open.
- An unidentified man at a concert at the Convocation Center was transported to St. Joseph’s Mercy Hospital Friday. DPS made contact with the man at 6:45 p.m. No citations were issued.
- Student housing reported the smell of marijuana at 11:34 p.m. in Pittman Hall. DPS found two students who had smoked marijuana in the building. The case remains open. The students have been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.
Saturday, Nov. 7
- DPS responded to a call about the smell of marijuana at 12:07 a.m. at Sellers Hall. DPS said the student panicked and threw the marijuana out of the window, then confessed to possession after some questioning. The student was given a citation for paraphernalia and has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.
- DPS responded to a call about underage drinking at 1:18 a.m. at Buell Hall. They found four students. One student had consumed alcohol. The case has been turned over to The Office of Student Conduct.
- DPS responded to a report of assault from Student Housing at 1:48 a.m. at Walton Hall. The situation started as an argument between two roommates over an overnight guest. The fight broke up after DPS arrived. No injuries were reported. Charges are being sent for review to the prosecutor and the Office of Student Conduct is involved.
- An underage EMU student was transported to St. Joseph’s Mercy Hospital at 3:18 a.m. DPS responded to a disturbance in Hill Hall where several students were drinking and got into an argument. One student was ticketed as a minor In possession of alcohol. The case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.
- DPS pulled over a car for speeding at 11:14 a.m. near the intersection of LeForge Road and Railroad Street. Upon approaching the vehicle, an officer smelled marijuana. The car was searched and the subject was cited for paraphernalia. DPS did not identify the subject as either a student or nonstudent.
- A student called DPS to Hoyt Hall at 12:20 p.m.. The student reported that someone entered their dorm room without permission. The student was woken up and saw the stranger in the doorway. The stranger left, according to DPS, with a pack of gum. The case remains open.
- A jacket was stolen from an unlocked dorm room in Hoyt Hall. The student said the room was unsecured between 5 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. The case remains open.
Sunday, Nov. 8
- DPS responded to a call at 12:20 a.m. from Putnam Hall about the smell of marijuana. The student had a guest who DPS said brought marijuana. The guest was cited for paraphernalia. The student has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.
- A student reported being the victim of fraud at 10:33 p.m. The student left a backpack unattended at Olds Robb Nov. 5 sometime between 5:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. A wallet, which contained a debit card, was stolen. The student didn't notice the wallet was stolen until charges appeared on their credit card. DPS is working with the card provider and local businesses. Camera footage is being checked. The case remains open.