The Business and Finance Committee passed 18 resolutions at its regular committee meeting this past Tuesday night, Jan. 19, in the Student Center.
They are as follows:
- Club Baseball was allocated $4,300 for umpiring, licensing and registration fees.
- The Philosophy Club was granted an allocation of $1,000 to host an event.
- Women’s Ultimate Frisbee received two allocations totaling $559 for tournament fees.
- Minority Women in Leadership was granted two allocations of $168.75 and $517.50 to hold two events.
- IMAGE received six allocations of $340, $400, $275, $358.55, $340 and $380 to host events.
- The Latino Student Association was allocated $1,353.54 to hold an event.
- The United Nations Student Association was granted an allocation of $3,090 to attend a conference.
- The Muslim Student Association received an allocation of $1,360.37 to host an event.
- The Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority was allocated $1,285 to hold an event.
- The Public Affairs Committee received updates on Sexual Assault Prevention Week and the Drag Show. Sexual Assault Prevention Week runs from Feb. 1-4. The events are as follows:
- Screening of The Hunting Ground at 6 p.m., Feb. 1, in the Student Center Auditorium.
- Women’s Self Defense Class, hosted by Officer Dorsey, from 5-8 p.m., Feb. 2, in the Student Center, Ballroom A.
- Workshops on consent and bystander intervention training, from 7-9 p.m., Feb. 3, in the Student Center Room 310B.
- Panel on resources for survivors of sexual assault from 6-8 p.m., Feb. 4, in the Student Center Kiva Room.
There is also a week-long competition between the Greek organizations on campus as well as a pledge drive.
The Drag Show will be held from 7-9 p.m., April 4, in the Student Center Ballroom A.
Internal Affairs discussed having senators take a more active role in Student Government. It is a possibility that senators will be grouped together based on shared interests such as women’s and LGBT rights.
“I’d like to see a couple people take more action on what they said they were going to do,” Kiera Fegan, Speaker of the Senate, said. “I don’t want people to become all talk.”
The next regular Senate meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m., Jan. 26 in Student Center 310B. For more information on Student Government, go to emuch.edu/studentgov/index.