Thursday, May 5, 2016.
- The Department of Public Safety pulled over what they called a “suspicious vehicle” at the corner of College Place and Cross Streets at 4:24 a.m. The officer approached the car and could smell marijuana. The non-student driver was given a citation.
Friday, May 6, 2016.
- DPS removed a minor from EMU property for trespassing at 7:19 a.m. A spokesperson for the department said they had had “run ins” with the minor before and are seeking a trespassing warrant.
- DPS pulled over a car for a traffic stop at the corner of Washtenaw Avenue and Hamilton Street at 11:04 p.m. The two underage drivers were cited for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. The driver also received a citation for driving on a suspended license.
Saturday, May 7, 2016.
- A patrolling DPS car found a drunk man walking down the street at 12:51 a.m., with open intoxicants at Cross and Ballard, Saturday. The non-student had to be taken to St. Joseph Mercy’s Hospital for medical attention. A citation for public intoxication was issued.
Sunday, May 8, 2016.
- DPS assisted the Ypsilanti Police Department in an assault on Cross Street at 8:47 p.m., Sunday. DPS only stood by in the fight between “three intoxicated subjects.” One was taken to St. Joseph Mercy’s Hospital for intoxication, not injuries sustained during the fight. DPS says that none of the people involved want to seek charges against the others.
Monday, May 9, 2016.
- The Student Center called DPS at 6:13 p.m. when they realized that they had been given a counterfeit bill. However, since they do not know where it came from, DPS says that they cannot pursue much of an investigation.
- A student at a concert in the Convention Center was stopped for being publically drunk. The student has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.
Tuesday, May 10, 2016.
- DPS pulled over a car for a traffic stop at the corner of Wobun Drive and LeForge Road 12:12 a.m. An unregistered handgun was found. The fire arm was confiscated and the non-student was cited. DPS is seeking charges with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office for possession of an unregistered firearm and driving without a driver’s license.
Wednesday, May 11, 2016.
- A non-student was pulled over for a traffic stop at the corner of Huron street and Michigan Avenue at 5:51 p.m. Marijuana could be smelled from the car and a small amount was founded. The driver was issued a citation for paraphernalia and driving on a suspended license.
Thursday, May 12, 2016.
- A non-student was stopped on North Wabash for drinking in public. A citation was issued at 9:59 p.m.