Friday, May 13, 2016.
- A fight around the corner of Pearl and Normal Streets caught the attention of the Ypsilanti Police Department and the Department of Public Safety at 5:10 a.m. They separated two non-EMU students. One was arrested on a bench warrant and the other was arrested for cocaine possession. Both men were taken to the Washtenaw County Jail. Charges for cocaine possession with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office are likely if lab results come back confirming the substance to be cocaine.
- A patrolling DPS officer stopped a non-EMU student near the corner of Cross and Hamilton at 6:11 p.m., after recognizing the person for being wanted on a bench warrant. Upon searching him, they found he was in possession of cocaine. He was taken to the Washtenaw County Jail. Charges have been submitted to review with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.
Saturday, May 14, 2016.
- A person parked in Marriot called 911 at 7:01 p.m. to report that their license plate had been stolen off of their car. The non-student’s car was parked and left unattended from 12:00 noon to 5:45 p.m. that day. DPS is still investigating.
Sunday, May 15, 2016.
- DPS pulled over a car for a traffic violation near the corner of Hamilton and Michigan Avenue at 1:26 a.m. Two non-EMU students were in the car. One was arrested on a bench warrant. The other was cited for giving a false name and littering drug paraphernalia.
- Two underage EMU students were found by a patrolling DPS officer drinking in the early morning at 3:12 a.m. at the bike racks in front of Village Building A. The students have been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.
- A non-student was pulled over for a traffic violation at the corner of Cross and Rice at 12:33 p.m. The non-student was then arrested on a bench warrant and taken to the Washtenaw County Jail.
Monday, May 16, 2016.
- At 11:22 a.m. someone called DPS to report that a number of fliers from the notice boards on the main level of Pray-Harrold were stolen. DPS says they have no suspects.
- At 12:33 p.m., a patrolling officer stopped a non-EMU student walking down Huron and gave the person a citation for walking down the street with an open liquor bottle.
Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
- DPS arrested a man for possession of “a lot” of marijuana at 12:53 a.m. Officers say they pulled over the car for a simple traffic violation. DPS said the marijuana found was not a dealer’s amount. The non-EMU student who was arrested was processed and then released. The confiscated drugs have been sent to a crime lab for analysis. No further information would be released.
- In addition to a bench warrant, a non-EMU student, who was arrested at the corner of Washtenaw and Hamilton, had been found with an unspecified amount of paraphernalia. The non-student was pulled over in for a traffic violation at 7:48 p.m. and spent the night in the Washtenaw County Jail.
Wednesday, May 18, 2016.
- DPS was called to the corner of Cross and Ballard for a drunk and disorderly non-student at 2:10 a.m. The person was cited for both public intoxication and disorderly conduct.
Thursday, May 19, 2016.
- A man on Washington Street was arrested for disorderly conduct after an EMU police officer saw him urinating in public at 2:03 a.m. Given the non-students state of intoxication, officers transported him to St. Joseph
Mercy Hospital, then to the Washtenaw County Jail. Charges have been submitted for review with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.
Friday, May 20, 2016.
- DPS pulled over a car at the corner of Normal and Washtenaw Streets at 1:00 a.m. A non-student driver was arrested on bench warrants and for driving with open liquor in the car. Drug paraphernalia were also found in the vehicle. The non-student was taken to the Washtenaw County Jail and charges are being sought from the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.
- An appearance citation was issued to a non-student for marijuana possession and consuming alcohol in public on the corner of Washington and Michigan Avenue at 6:49 p.m.
- Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and giving police a false name landed one non-EMU student in the Washtenaw County Jail. The subject was pulled over at the corner of Huron and Spring Streets at 11:41 p.m. Charges have been submitted for review with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.
Saturday, May 21, 2016.
- A subject wanted on a bench warrant was recognized by a DPS officer at the corner of Forrest and Perrin at 12:26 a.m. While arresting the subject, officers discovered what they believed to be crack. The department has issued charges for review with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.
- A “highly intoxicated” subject at the corner of Ballard and Cross had to be taken to
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital at 12:51 p.m. The non-student was cited for public intoxication and giving a false name to the police.
- The life saving Naloxone spray had to be used when DPS received a 911 call from Washington Street when someone overdosed on cocaine. The non-student was revived by the Naloxone and taken to
St. Joseph Mercy Hospital.
Sunday, May 22, 2016.
- Officers discovered what they believed to be crack cocaine in a car that they pulled over at Ann Street and Huron River Drive at around 1:00 a.m. Charges are pending with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office, pending the results of the drug test.
Monday, May 23, 2016.
- An EMU student living in Village Building D called DPS at 2:52 p.m. to report getting a number of harassing calls and texts from a non-student. This amounts to misdemeanor stalking, according to the EMU Crime Log. A warrant for the non-students arrest is being requested of the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.
- A non-student was trespassed out of the College of Business parking structure at 6:48 p.m. The nonstudent was given a citation, because according to DPS, the man has been trespassed off campus in the past.
Tuesday, May 24, 2016.
- At 7:18 p.m. a nonstudent that DPS was in the process of removing from campus for trespassing was found to have arrest warrants. After an arrest was made, the nonstudent was taken to the Washtenaw County Jail.
- An iPhone left by the side of one of the basketball courts from 8:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. was stolen. DPS is investigating by using the phone’s recovery app and security camera footage.
Wednesday, May 25, 2016.
- A neighbor in Westview called 911 because of a “loud verbal argument.” DPS showed up and separated the male and female students. Both students have been referred to Student Conduct.
Thursday, May 26, 2016.
- A non-EMU student was pulled over at the corner of LeForge and Railroad Street at 11:53 p.m. They were arrested for operating while intoxicated. The subject was then taken to the Washtenaw County Jail where charges are being sought with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.