News briefs, June 13
- Harry Potter is coming to Halle Library all week. According to the EMU event calendar, the National Library of Medicine will be exploring the books with a six person panel who will discuss “the Renaissance scientific traditions of alchemy, astrology and natural philosophy.” This free event will take place each day this week and will run all day long.
- The Tuesday Life Group will be meeting at the UCF House on St. John Street at 7:00 p.m., Tuesday. Any student is welcome to attend.
- The Sherzer Observatory will be welcoming guests, weather permitting, Tuesday, June 14. The doors open at 9:00 p.m.
- Depot Town will be hosting Cruise Nights Thursday, June 16. This is a weekly gathering of classic cars, bikes and hot rods, starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Growing Hope will be providing training for cheap and nutritious meals with Quick & Easy at 922 W. Michigan Avenue. According to ypsireal.com, “In this hands-on class, you will learn how to combine fresh, healthy ingredients from the garden, exciting flavors and common substitutions to create meals.”