3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups heated milk
1 cup grated cheddar
1⁄4 cup grated colby cheese
1⁄4 cup grated monterey jack cheese
3⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1⁄4 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
1 lb elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup breadcrumbs
1. Grease a 2 quart baking dish, and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook macaroni noodles as instructed on the box, and set aside.
3. Combine melted butter and breadcrumbs set aside.(for topping)
4. Melt butter in sauce over medium heat, whisk in flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
5. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
6. Add grated cheese to sauce in small batches, whisking until each one is melted completely.
7. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Combine noodles and cheese sauce and mix well.
9. Pour into baking dish and top with breadcrumbs.
10. Bake for 30 minutes or until well browned.