2-1/2 cups shredded chicken(cooked)
2/3 cup salsa
1/3 cup sliced green onions
3⁄4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
1⁄4 cup melted butter
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Sour cream and Guacamole
1. In a large skillet, combine chicken, salsa, green onions, cumin, salt, and oregano. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
2. Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Place buttered side down on a lightly greased baking sheet and spoon 1/3 cup of chicken mixture over half of each tortilla and sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese on top.
3. Fold uncovered side of the tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375 for 9-11 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Dorm Room Chicken Quesadillas
2 medium flour tortillas
1⁄2 cup chicken strips or shredded chicken (cooked)
1⁄2 bell pepper (diced)
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Microwave tortillas on a plate until slightly crispy. They will dry out a bit as they cool.
2. Mix chicken, peppers, and taco seasoning in a bowl until evenly mixed, then microwave for about 1-2 minutes or until peppers are soft.
3. Spread mixture evenly on top of one tortilla and cover evenly with cheese, then place second tortilla on top.
4. Microwave again for another 30 seconds to a minute, slice and serve.