With breakfast being the most important meal of the day, there are a thousand reasons why you should take the time to make something delicious. This week, we decided to share a recipe that you can make on a lazy weekend or a speedy morning before class.
Pepperidge Swirl French toast bread
1 tsp cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Crack eggs into a bowl, add cinnamon and vanilla extract, whisk thoroughly.
2. Dip slices of bread into the egg mixture and cook each side on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Serve with butter and maple syrup. You can also shake up the recipe by using different kind of bread (be it fancy like brioche or challah bread, or simple like regular white bread or leftover bagels), or by serving it different ways. We recommend serving fruit on top or with chocolate chips! For all of you speedy EMU eagles, here is our on-the-go, “dormified” version.
French Toast in a Mug
Bread (2 slices)
3 tbsp milk
1. Cut the bread into cubes. Butter your coffee mug and place the bread inside.
2. In a separate cup or bowl mix together the egg, milk, and sprinkle in some cinnamon.
3. Combine the egg mixture with the bread, mix together and give it a minute to soak into the bread.
4. Put the cup into the microwave and cook for about 1 minute and 20 seconds or until there is no more runny egg.
5. Add syrup and enjoy.