This week, we have a delicious meal that can easily made in your dorm room with just a microwave and a small microwavable baking dish. There is a lot that can be added to this recipe to make it your own, such as adding a few jalapenos to the veggie mix or topping with cheese and guacamole.
Homemade Chicken Fajitas
3 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
1 yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
1/2 Spanish onion, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
Chipotle black pepper
Ground (cayenne) red pepper
1. In a large pan, on medium heat, add olive oil, peppers, and onion and stir together. Let it heat up for about five minutes.
2. Cut chicken breasts into strips and place them in a bowl. Coat with half desired seasoning and toss together until chicken is evenly coated and repeat.
3. Add chicken to veggies and oil, mix together and cook for about 15-18 minutes, or until chicken strips are light gold.
4. In a microwave heat tortillas for 15-20 seconds or until soft. Top tortillas with fajita mix and cheese.
Dorm Room Fajitas
1 small yellow onion
1 1/2 bell pepper
2 tbsps southwest seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
5-6 Chicken tenders, raw
1. Slice the onions and bell peppers into thin strips and place in small casserole dish.
2. Drizzle half the olive oil and southwest seasoning over veggies and mix together.
3. Place chicken on top and cover with the rest of the oil and southwest seasoning.
4. Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Carefully remove chicken and cut open to ensure it is cooked through. If there is any pink remaining on the inside increase cooking time by two minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
5. Slice chicken tenders into chunks and serve the fajita mix on tortillas with cheese and any other extra toppings you want.