This week we have an original and delicious twist on lasagna that can be made both at home and in the dorms all in one pot or crock pot. This recipe is perfect for keeping up with busy student life by saving leftovers to heat up throughout the week.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Spaghetti sauce
- 1 carton (15 oz.) Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) No cook lasagna noodles
- 8 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) chopped spinach
- 1 jar alfredo sauce
- In a large pot over medium heat brown the meat, with onion and garlic. Drain and place in separate large bowl before stirring in spaghetti sauce.
- In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, parley, and pepper. Spread one cup of the meat mixture on the bottom of a large ungreased, before layering noodles over sauce (breaking noodles to fit pot). Then spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over noodles, 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1 cup meat mixture.
- Top with noodles, once again breaking to fit pot, spinach, Alfredo sauce and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. Continue layering with noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup meat mixture. Add any remaining noodles and top with remaining noodles, top with the remaining meat mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.