The Eastern Michigan University football team continued their slide in a 52-14 pounding at the hands of Central Michigan on Saturday in Ypsilanti.

Central Michigan(2-1) took advantage of a vulnerable Eagles’ run defense all night. Rushing for 269 yards on 46 attempts, the Chippewas scored four rushing touchdowns, three coming from starting tailback Paris Cotton.

Cotton’s longest rush came at the beginning of the third quarter on a 61 yard burst on third and 1.

Cotton’s touchdown seemed to be the final nail in the Eagles’ coffin.

CMU quarterback Ryan Radcliff passed for 15-of-23 attempts, 253 yards and two touchdowns.

Eastern Michigan did nothing to help themselves on offense.

Dwayne Priest rushed 16 times for 49 yards and one touchdown. The Eagles switched between quarterbacks Devontae Payne and Alex Gillett throughout the game. Gillett had EMU’s best passing play, 51 yard to wide receiver Donald Scott for a touchdown with 8:09 remaining in the third quarter.

Gillett and Payne combined for 282 yards passing.

After Scott’s touchdown for the Eagles, the Chippewas outscored the Eagles 24-0 the rest of the way.

The attendance was reported at 20,348, many of whom were Central Michigan supporters.

The Eagles take on Ohio State next week at the Horseshoe in Columbus. The game will be at 3:30 p.m. Saturday and will air on ABC.

The Eagles are now 0-3 (0-2 in the Mid-American Conference) on the season and 0-15 since Ron English took over.