In its last home match of the season and on Senior Night the Eastern Michigan University volleyball team was host to in-state conference rival Central Michigan University. The Eagles defeated the Chippewas and soared to a 3-0 (25-13, 25-22, 23-25, 25-20) victory to win another Mid-American Conference match. The Eagles improve to 20-8 overall and 8-5 in conference play.

The Eagles had an early 6-0 lead in the first set and never let the Chippewas back into the set. EMU lead CMU by as many as 11 points.

EMU got off to a shaky start at the beginning of set number two but pulled it together. After being down by three points, the Eagles tied it up at 5-5 before taking the lead and eventually taking the win.

The third set was an intense, back and forth battle between the Eagles and the Chippewas. Neither team was ever up by more than four points; it was a hard-fought set by both teams. The Eagles could not regain their composure and lost the third set.

The fourth set was a crucial set for the Eagles. They regained their focus after a tough third set and pulled off the victory. EMU and CMU were tied at 17 before the Eagles took control and won.

The Eagles had a good night all over the court. Senior setter Ashley Mason had 40 assists, five digs and two kills. Junior outside hitter Rachel Iaquaniello contributed 16 kills, 16 digs and three blocks. Freshman outside hitter Megan Crawshaw chipped in nine kills and five blocks.

The Convocation Center crowd said farewell to three seniors; Ashley Mason, Haley Stein and Cassie Sowers. Each of them has helped the Eagles tremendously throughout this season and past seasons.

The Eagles’ next match is at 7 p.m. Saturday Nov. 5 at Kent State as they take on the Golden Flashes.