To start off their two-game home stand, the Eastern Michigan University Eagles played in a
hard fought overtime game against in-state rival the Western Michigan University Broncos, which
which resulted in a victory for EMU.

Eastern Michigan trailed the whole first half only scoring 22 points to Western Michigan’s 26 points. The Eagles trailed most of the second half and it took them until the final
minute on the second half to take the lead.

Eastern Michigan’s Junior forward Jamell Harris stole the ball with 35 seconds left with the game tied 50 apiece which led to a three pointer from senior guard Antonio Green to give the Eagles a 53 to 50 lead.

The lead was vanished quickly as Western Michigan’s junior forward Nate Hutcheson hit a game tying three pointer as time expired in the second half, which led to overtime. In overtime the Eagles took the 57 to 55 lead around the 2-minute mark and never looked back.

The Eagles came out with the 62 to 59 overtime victory. Two players from Eastern Michigan finished in double digits.

Antonio Green who hit the three pointer to give the Eagles the first lead of the game finished with 11 points and sophomore guard J.R Sims finished with 10 points. Jamell Harris contributed with nine points and was big on the boards with 10 rebounds. The Eagles next game is against the University of Toledo on Saturday Jan. 21 at the Convocation Center.