The Eastern Michigan University men’s basketball team, the top team in the MAC West division, falls in overtime against the University of Miami (OH). The final score was 62-57.

Eastern Michigan had the lead for most of the second half. They captured the lead at the 18:34 mark and didn’t give it up until the final seconds of the game. After a couple of missed layups and a missed free throw, the Eagles allowed a game tying three pointer by Miami (Ohio) sophomore forward Jon Harris. The three pointer was three of his four points in the whole game.

The leading scorer was Miami’s senior forward Jay Mavunga. Mavunga finished the game with 19 points and eight assists. Darrell Lampley had the most points for Eastern Michigan leading the Eagles with 17 points. Anthony Strickland was the Eagles second leading scorer with ten points. Eagles’ center DaShonte Riley had eight points and also finished with 11 rebounds.

With the loss the Eastern Michigan’s record is now 10-12 (5-3 MAC). Despite the lost Eastern Michigan still have the top record in the Mid-American Conference West Division. The Eagles will be looking to rebound after today’s loss against the Akron Zips on Saturday Feb. 4 at the James A. Rhodes H&PE Building.