With the season winding down, the Eastern Michigan University men’s basketball team rebounded from its recent two-game losing streak and defeated the Northern Illinois Huskies. The final score in the game was 48-45.

During the first half of the game Eastern Michigan and Northern Illinois were going back and forth, each team scoring at will. The score at the end of the first half was tied at 22. During the second half came out with on the attack and had a 13 point lead on the eagles.

The eagles come to tie the game and take the lead around the 2:50 mark in the game. The Eagles ended the game outscoring the Huskies 19 to six. Darrell Lampley finished the game as the top scorer for the game. Lampley finished with 21 points five assists and three steals. The other double digit scorer for Eastern Michigan was Derek Thompson who had ten points. For the Huskies two people finished the game with ten points, Abdel Nader who also had seven rebounds and Tony Nixon who also had four rebounds.

With this win the Eagles improve to 12-16 (7-6 MAC West). The Eagles will have three games left this season before the Mid-American Conference tournament. The Eagles will face Ball State, Western Michigan and Toledo before the Conference Tournament. The Eagles will play Ball State Saturday Feb. 25 at the Convocation Center.