The Eastern Michigan University Eagles lost against the University of Akron Zips in a 30 point rout. The final score was 77-47. Eastern Michigan never took the lead nor tied the game up. Eastern Michigan had a four minute drought of continuous missed shots.

The drought started at the 10:30 mark in the first half. The drought ended at the 6:31 mark. By that time the Eagles we already down by 20 points. The final score at the first half was 39-16. The Eagles were out rebounded by 16 points. Akron had 41 rebounds while Eastern Michigan had 25. The Eagles also committed 22 team fouls to Akron’s 11. The leading scorer for the Eagles was center Matt Balkema.

Balkema had finished the game with 15 points. Balkema also had the most rebounds for Eastern Michigan with 6 rebounds. Guard Antonio Green also finished the game with double digits for the Eagles. Green had 13 points. Darrell Lampley had eight points.

Akron had four players finish with double digits. The four players were Chauncey Gilliam with 13 points, Nikola Cvetinovic with 12, Brett McClanahan with 11 and Zeke Marshall with 11. With the loss the Eagles fall to 10-13 and now have a 5-4 record in the MAC West Division. Akron advances to 16-7 and an impressive 8-1 MAC East Division record. The Eagles will look to rebound from this tough loss against the Kent State Golden Flashes at 7 p.m. on Wednesday at the Convocation Center.