With one second left on the clock, senior guard Darrell Lampley gave the Eastern Michigan University men’s basketball team a jumpshot that sealed a 54-53 win over Western Michigan University.

The victory was the first for the Eagles in Kalamazoo since 2000 and pushed their overall record to 14-16 (9-6 MAC) and clenched the No. 1 spot in the Mid-American Conference West Division. The top spot of the division also gives the Eagles an automatic fourth seed in the conference headed into the tournament.

Lampley led the Eagles with 15 points after making a perfect six-for-six from the free-throw line. Antonio Green added 12 points and Derek Thompson pitched in with nine. Defensively, the Eagles were led by Jamell Harris with eight rebounds.

EMU went 19-for-47 (40 percent) from the field, while hitting 84.6 percent (11-of-13) of its free-throws. The Eagles were outrebounded 29-25 by the Broncos, who shot 47.5 percent (19-of-40) from the field and made 11-of-20 free-throw attempts for 55 percent.

The Broncos were led by Mike Douglas who turned in 15 points and six rebounds. Fienard Whitfield chipped in with 14 points while Shayne Whittington recorded eight points on the night.

The Eagles will hit the road Sunday when they take on Toledo at 2 p.m. The contest will be the Eagles’ last before the MAC Tournament.