Dispatches from the desk of The Eastern Echo’s Editor-in-Chief Jess Salisbury.
Always wanted to be a journalist but never knew where to start? Join Eastern Michigan University’s director of media relations and former Ann Arbor News writer Geoff Larcom (yes, THAT Geoff Larcom) for a free informative workshop on the basics of journalism. Continue Reading
Are you new to The Eastern Echo? Are you an Echo veteran wanting to hone your skills? Have you always wanted to be a journalist but weren’t sure where to begin? Continue Reading
Be a part of Eastern Michigan University’s annual juried art and poetry showcase. Come to the Student Center Kiva Room at 4 p.m. Continue Reading
Outside of the Alexander Music Building, a lonely W.W. Kimball grand piano somberly enjoys its final day. Continue Reading
Be on the lookout for the upcoming issue of The Eastern Echo, on newsstands tomorrow morning. The paper will answer the following burning questions (and probably raise some as well):
Remember to check the website often for new updates, online exclusives and more. Continue Reading
- How does managing editor Al Willman feel about EMU football coach Ron English?
- How does opinions columnist Jumanah Saadeh feel about gender roles?
- How does comics editor feel about cats?
- Who earned the coveted first-ever “Cartoonist of the Month” award?
- Did the newspaper really dedicate an entire page to the “Breaking Bad” finale?
- What do EMU students really think about Miley Cyrus’ infamous “Wrecking Ball” video?
- Is there hope for Eminem?
- And the answer to the usual question – what’s going on around our lovely campus?
In just a few short hours, the Eastern Michigan University Eagles will take the field for the homecoming game. Continue Reading
Production for the last issue of the semester wraps today, but the summer is just heating up. Continue Reading
Eastern Michigan University’s Physical Plant Division announced they will be closing the main Student Center parking lot August 16-18 for sealing and striping; PPD’s Buildings and Grounds Director Dieter Otto said the lot will reopen August 19, as long as weather conditions permit the work to be completed. Continue Reading
A dark gray four-wheel drive pickup truck caught fire on College Place, between West Cross Street and West Forest Avenue, near Eastern Michigan University’s Pierce Hall August 7 at 1:30 p.m. Continue Reading
Eastern Michigan University’s Physical Plant Division announced they will be temporary closing several campus parking lots, for sealing and striping, every week from now until the end of August. Continue Reading