McClory will be speaking at the morning commencement. Here’s a tidbit about him from a 2008 Focus EMU article:

Daniel J. McClory is a managing director of Hunter Wise Financial Group, LLC, in Irvine, Calif. He has, for the past decade, provided U.S.-European-Asian corporate finance and advisory services. He has made a $1 million pledge to the men’s and women’s track and cross country programs, the largest gift in EMU athletics’ history. McClory is a member of the Corporate Finance Faculty of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. He received a bachelor’s degree in English language at Eastern Michigan University in 1981, and a master’s degree in language and international trade at EMU in 1982. In 1992, he was the recipient of the Outstanding Young Alumnus Award. While attending EMU, McClory was an Eastern Echo reporter, a men’s indoor and outdoor track letter winner, a founding member of the University Ambassadors Society, and a three-time captain and four-year letter winner of the school’s NCAA Division I varsity cross country team. He resides in Laguna Niguel, Calif.

Dyer, a former regent, will speak at the afternoon commencement. Here’s a bit about him:

Dyer graduated from EMU with a B.A. in 1961 and received an M.A. in 1965. He served in the educational field as a teacher and principal and was mayor of Ypsilanti from 1968 to 1970. He simultaneously held positions as the superintendent of the Wayne-Westland school district and on the EMU Board of Regents (1973-1983), before he left the state to become superintendent of the nation’s largest high school district in Phoenix, Arizona. In 1990, Dyer accepted the position of executive director of the National Association of Secondary School Principals, serving in that capacity until 1998.