Andre J. Ellington

Recent articles

D.James goes independent

|

The music industry has gone through a transitional period since its early days in the middle of the 20th century.

Phelps Residence Hall Advisors host all-night Rec/IM event

|

It seems as if the program was a huge success, even as the early hours of the morning grew nearer.

I.M.A.G.E. hosts fundraiser

|

On March 24, Eastern Michigan University’s performing arts organization I.M.A.G.E. (Inspired Motivational Activists Geared Toward Education) hosted their second annual Dine to Donate at Aubree’s Pizzeria and Grill in Ypsilanti.

I Am P.I.N.K. to gather prom dresses, shoes for girls in need

|

On Saturday, April 26, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., I Am P.I.N.K. is hosting their third annual “Glitz and Glam Prom Affair” at the Wayne State University Student Center in Detroit.

An apple a day isn't the only thing keeping the doctors away

|

It’s amazing when you’re able to peel back layers of different subjects to reveal things that may not have been present beforehand. I attach this notion to the subject of health.

I.M.A.G.E. hosts panel with lyricist Earlly Mac

|

The panel lasted for almost two hours and a variety of topics were discussed during the discussion.

EMU to welcome ET, hip hop preacher

|

On Thursday, Jan. 30, motivational speaker, life coach and author Eric Thomas will be returning to Eastern Michigan University to motivate and inspire students who may need that extra push in order to reach the next level.

Barber shop event empowers black males

|

There’s nothing quite like the aura of a barbershop. The sound of clippers, debates sparking over current issues and countless individuals coming and going are what makes for an ideal barbershop.

B.L.A.C.K. hosts its own version of ‘Family Feud’

|

On Monday, Nov. 18, Black Leaders Aspiring for Critical Knowledge held an event called “Family Feud: EMU Edition” in the Student Center Auditorium. Inspired by the original TV game show hosted by comedian Steve Harvey, B.L.A.C.K. invited a variety of different clubs and organizations to get involved in the festivities as part of B.L.A.C.K. Week.

Kanye raps in Mich.

|

Controversial rapper Kanye West, who has won 21 Grammy awards for his work, is bringing his anticipated “The Yeezus Tour” on Sunday, Nov. 10 at 7 p.m. to The Palace of Aurburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Mich.

EMU alums run delivery business

|

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if the food you craved was delivered right to your doorstep? Instead of getting dressed, starting up your car and wasting precious time, wouldn’t you want someone else to do all of the dirty work for you?

CloseUP to honor its history in ‘Everything in Between’

|

Eastern Michigan University’s CloseUP Theatre Troupe will host Everything in Between, a reunion performance. The event will celebrate 15 years of giving students the opportunity to be able to express themselves through the arts, and will take place Sunday in the Student Center Auditorium from 4-5:30 p.m.

Bell stands out with voice

|

It’s not hard to spot the immense talent here at Eastern Michigan University, but Kristianna Bell stands out among the crowd.

Recent posts

P.I.N.K. organization hosted event for Pink Week

|

On October 17th, I AM P.I.N.K. Hosted a Dine and Donate at the Tower Inn in Ypsilanti. The Dine and Donate was one of the many events that was included during their PINK WEEK which was from Oct. 13th, through the 19th. 20% of all the proceeds from the event went back into the organization for resources that will be needed throughout the year. The event lasted from 5 pm until 10 pm.

Powered by powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News