Andre J. Ellington

Articles (13 total)

D.James goes independent

The music industry has gone through a transitional period since its early days in the middle of the 20th century.

I.M.A.G.E. hosts fundraiser

On March 24, Eastern Michigan University’s performing arts organization I.M.A.G.E. (Inspired Motivational Activists Geared Toward Education) hosted their second annual Dine to Donate at Aubree’s Pizzeria and Grill in Ypsilanti.

EMU to welcome ET, hip hop preacher

On Thursday, Jan. 30, motivational speaker, life coach and author Eric Thomas will be returning to Eastern Michigan University to motivate and inspire students who may need that extra push in order to reach the next level.

Barber shop event empowers black males

There’s nothing quite like the aura of a barbershop. The sound of clippers, debates sparking over current issues and countless individuals coming and going are what makes for an ideal barbershop.

B.L.A.C.K. hosts its own version of ‘Family Feud’

On Monday, Nov. 18, Black Leaders Aspiring for Critical Knowledge held an event called “Family Feud: EMU Edition” in the Student Center Auditorium. Inspired by the original TV game show hosted by comedian Steve Harvey, B.L.A.C.K. invited a variety of different clubs and organizations to get involved in the festivities as part of B.L.A.C.K. Week.

Kanye raps in Mich.

Controversial rapper Kanye West, who has won 21 Grammy awards for his work, is bringing his anticipated “The Yeezus Tour” on Sunday, Nov. 10 at 7 p.m. to The Palace of Aurburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Mich.