Ronia-Isabel Cabansag

Articles

Wellness Series - Part 1: Mental Wellness

Homecoming celebrations are over and stress is in the air. Maybe you’ve skipped a class, a meal or several hours of sleep. Whether you’re a freshman or a senior, music ed. or pre-med, everyone can feel it because the last six weeks have been leading up to this very moment. Midterm season. Schoolwork and stress are unavoidable but The Echo team is here to remind you to take care of yourself this month.  

October 7, 2019

In this week’s news overview, we’re bringing you updates on the Pease Auditorium Lot carjacking, a preview of Student Government’s upcoming physical and mental wellness programming, and important news about the Business and Finance Committee budget. 

Trailer

If you’re listening to this, congratulations! You’ve found the extremely limited edition trailer to The Eastern Echo Podcast.  

EMU Hosts 11th Annual César Chávez Day of Celebration

Students from local high schools joined EMU staff, faculty and students in celebrating the 11th Annual César Chávez Day of Celebration. Activities and presentations celebrated Latinx-American culture, addressed the lack of Latinx economic mobility and highlighted the importance of receiving a college degree.  

DECA Advances to International Conference

Students Anthony Levesque and Collin Clem established EMU’s DECA team in the Fall 2018 semester. The attended the State Conference in February and will go on to compete at the International Conference in April. They hope more students will join them in competing in the coming semester. 

Media