Eight games into its 2011 season, the Eastern Michigan University volleyball team garnered its seventh consecutive win as it defeated Youngstown State 3-1 (25-20, 25-16, 18-25, 25-20). This marks the Eagles’ longest win streak since opening the 2010 season with a perfect 8-0 record.

With the win, EMU advances 7-1 on the young season while the Penguins drop to 0-8.

The Eagles were led by juniors Kirsten Baker and Rachel Iaquaniello who each posted double-digit kills on the night. Baker slammed down 10 kills for a .556 attack percentage, and Iaquaniello did her part with a double-double as she tallied 14 kills and 10 digs. Sophomore Paige Roback added eight kills while Ashley Mason put up a double-double with 34 assists and a game-high 14 digs.

The Eagles dominated much of the match, including the first two sets. In the second set, Baker gave a .700 attack percentage as the Eagles took the 25-16 victory.

The Penguins responded with seven kills from Alexis Egler in the third set while the Eagles managed to generate just five kills in the set. Youngstown took an 25-18 win over EMU, but the Eagles were able to bounce back to take the fourth set 25-20 and win the match.

EMU will now head west for the Utah Invitational in Salt Lake City, Utah. Eastern opens the invite with a match against the host Utes of the University of Utah, Friday, Sept. 9. The match is set to start at 7 p.m.