A 21 point effort by senior Darrell Lampley boosted the Eastern Michigan University men’s basketball team to a 62-51 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on Friday night at the Convocation Center.

The win advanced the Eagles to 2-1 on the young season while the Trojans fall to 2-2.

The Eagles were led by Lampley’s game-high 21 points as he shot 3-for-5 behind the arch and 4-for-4 from the free-throw line. Lampley also snatched two steals for the Eagles. Juniors Matt Balkema and Derek Thompson also pitched in with eight points each. Defensively, the Eagles were led by Jamell Harris with ten rebounds and two steals while Anthony Strickland added seven boards.

It was an uphill climb for the Eagles who found themselves down 14-8 with 12:24 to play before the half. They tied the score four times before a pair of free-throws gave the Eagles their first lead, 22-21, of the game. However, the the Trojans scored again and took a 23-22 lead to the locker room.

The Eagles shot just 25.9 percent from the field in the first half but the second half was a different story as the Eagles hit 11 of their 24 shots for 45.8 percent. The Trojans, however, ended the first half with a 41.2 percentage from the field but the Eagle defense was able to hold them to a mere 26.7 percent in the second half.

The Trojans committed 21 turnovers, eight of which were forced steals by the Eagles. EMU capitalized on UALR’s mistakes, scoring 21 points off of turnovers.

The Eagles will hit the road to take on the IUPUI Jaguars on Sunday, November 20 in Indianapolis, Indiana. It will be EMU’s third of four games in the Auto-Owners Spartan Invitational. Tip off is set for 4 p.m.