It would be an understatement to simply say that I love to eat – and I am completely OK with blaming my family genetics and the many scrumptious recipes they’ve passed down to me through the years for it.
My family also has a deep affinity for anything potato. Mashed, baked, sautéed, au gratin, you name it. We love the little starch as if it were our next of kin.
During the holiday seasons, I usually find myself volunteering to make a mouthwatering cottage potato casserole. With this recipe the possibilities are endless, and I usually limit myself to creating this masterpiece a few times a year.
Cottage Potato Casserole
What you’ll need:
3 pieces of any type of bread
stick of butter or margarine
block of cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
any real potatoes – not the box kind
casserole dish (preferable glass dishes)
1. Melt butter
2. Peel and cut potatoes in half
3. Boil and drain when softened
4. Mash potatoes
5. Dice cheese
6. Dice bread
7. Mix butter, cheese, bread and potatoes in a bowl until all is blended well – here is where you can add the salt and pepper
8. Grease casserole dish
9. Place mix in dish
10. Crunch up corn flakes and sprinkle on top of mix
11. Lightly pour milk on top of mix
12. Set oven for 350 degrees and wait until cheese has melted
You can usually add anything else to this. I have sometimes included onions, peppers, mushrooms and olives. The seasonings can range from whatever your taste buds crave.
Another potato plate that you can make would be cheese and bacon potato skins.
Cheese and Bacon Potato Skins
What you’ll need:
2 large potatoes
I cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup sour cream
½ cup real bacon bits
1. Wrap the potatoes in aluminum and bake them at 400 degrees for one hour – you can also do this quickly in the microwave, but wrap them in plastic wrap
2. Let cool
3. Cut each potato in half
4. Scoop out most of potato
5. Cut each of those halves in half, and repeat one more time
6. Sprinkle bacon bits
7. Top with cheese
8. Bake on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until skins are crispy and cheese is melted
Top with sour cream and enjoy.
Hopefully there will be a new story about this soon, ...
Hey "dumbrules"-- the rule that she broke was a University ...
Did Ms. Martin even notice the sit-in? My presumption ...
She only got 85 votes? Damn all that cheating for ...
Holy shit this was so overblown, there's no reason ...