Police Blotter

March 13

Police investigated a report of a sexual assault occurring off campus in April 2013. The victim has chosen to not press charges. The case remains open.

At 8:09 p.m. patrolling officers spotted two subjects with open containers of alcohol at the corner of Ballard and Olive streets. One subject was cited for possession of an open container of alcohol in public while the other was arrested on existing warrants.

Police were called to the Dining Commons at 10:07 p.m. to respond to a physical altercation between two student employees. Charges were not filed and the students were not significantly harmed from the altercation. The matter has been forwarded to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

March 14

Officers responded to a call from Walton Residence Hall at 2:14 a.m. A female student was found unconscious in the courtyard clutching a bottle of vodka. The student was transported to the hospital by HVA. No criminal charges were filed. The student may face disciplinary action under the
Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

A student reported fraudulent charges on her Eagle One card at 5:53 p.m. The use of her card took place between Feb. 21 and March 14. Police are still investigating the matter.

Officers spotted a man riding his bicycle while drinking from a can of beer at the corner of Forest
Avenue and Lowell Street at 6:23 p.m. He was cited for having an open container of alcohol in public and released.

March 15

Police arrested a student at Sellers Residence Hall at 7:12 p.m. for multiple larceny charges occurring at Olds/Robb Student Recreation Center during the course of the year. The student was found having alcohol in his ownership at the time of the arrest and stolen property. The student faces multiple felonious larceny charges and was also cited for minor in possession. He will be brought before the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Officers responded to a call at Olds/Robb Student Recreation Center at 1:58 p.m. A nonfaculty supervisor’s iPhone was stolen when left unattended. The case remains open. There are no suspects at this time.

Police escorted a subject out of the Convocation Center at 11:03 p.m. The subject was creating a disturbance due to being intoxicated. The case remains open.

Officers transported a woman from the Convocation Center to the hospital at 11:47 p.m. It appeared the woman had passed out at a concert after consuming too much alcohol. No charges were filed.

Police arrested a man for public intoxication and trespassing at the Convocation Center at 11:10 p.m. The man became belligerent with the police when he was asked to leave a concert and had to be physically removed from the event.

March 16

Officers responded to a disturbing the peace violation at Westview Apartments at 2:32 a.m. Two students who had been drinking were arguing loudly in the apartment complex’s parking lot. No charges were filed. The matter has been sent to the Department of Student Conduct and
Community Standards.

Patrolling officers spotted a suspect at the corner of Ballard Street and Washtenaw Avenue at 5:51 p.m. The suspect was cited for possession of narcotic paraphernalia and turned over to the Ann
Arbor Police Department on an existing warrant.

March 17

Police are investigating fraudulent charges made on a student’s lost Eagle One card. The charges were made to the account on March 15. The case remains open.

Officers investigated a break-in at an equipment facility on West Clark Road at 12:16 p.m. The facility’s door was damaged in the break-in and police have no suspects at this time. The investigation is ongoing.

March 18

Police were called to Hill Hall by housing staff at 3:46 a.m. A disagreement between two roommates escalated to a physical altercation. No serious injuries were reported and no charges were filed. The students may face disciplinary action under the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

Officers responded to a call from housing staff at Downing Residence Hall at 3:44 p.m. Staff reported the aroma of marijuana coming from a student’s room. Officers discovered drug paraphernalia from the resulting search and the matter has been sent to the Department of Student
Conduct and Community Standards.

A student reported that their resident parking tag was stolen from their vehicle at PL North Campus Lot at 5:02 p.m. The student had left the window of their vehicle down over the weekend, which
resulted in the theft. The case has been closed.

Police escorted a man from Pearl and Ballard streets to a rehabilitation center at 11:37 p.m. The man saw the patrolling officers and began to stagger after them while screaming obscenities. He was cited for public intoxication.

March 19

Officers responded to a call from the Marriott Hotel on South Huron Street at 8:04 a.m. A customer’s wheels were stolen from his vehicle overnight. There are currently no suspects.

Police discovered a window broken out of the bus stop shelter located at Huron River and Westview drives at 1:58 p.m. The case has been closed.

Officers were sent to the Physical Plant at 4:33 p.m. on a larceny call. Staff reported a large bag of returnable cans and bottles stolen by an unknown suspect. The case remains open.

Police responded to an assault call at Walton Residence Hall at 11:36 p.m. A bout of horseplay between a male and female student went too far when the male student struck the female student.
No charges were filed, but the male student has been reported to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.