Being college students, we are constantly looking for something fun to do. Who wants to spend Halloween sitting in the house doing nothing? Below is a list of some things you can do instead of just falling asleep on Halloween like it’s just another day.
1. Scary Movie Night – Netflix and chill anyone? I know I can’t let Halloween pass by without watching Hocus Pocus. ABC’s Halloween line up has yet to disappoint. Halloween can be the perfect time to have some friends over and watch some Halloween themed movies with snacks.
2. Trick-or-Treating – “It’s for little kids!” I know most feel they’re too old to dress up and go trick-or-treating, but you’re never too old to go get free candy! This can be turned into an extremely fun evening. Grab a few friends, get creative and dress up. Go trick or treating and score some candy.
3. Haunted Houses – What’s a better time to go be scared out of your pants than the night of Halloween? Granted, they’re extremely creepy, but going with your friends on the scariest night of the year has got to be exciting. Better to be scared together than alone, right?
4. Parties – “I’m a mouse, DUH,” said Karen Smith in the movie “Mean Girls.” Halloween parties are the perfect excuse to dress up. Everyone looks so cool and the goal is to just be expressive and have fun. There are also a lot of themed snacks at Halloween parties and that’s always a plus, because who doesn’t like drinking blood… I mean, fruit punch.
5. Pumpkin Carving – I don’t know how many times as a child I tried to make the perfect jack-o’-lantern and it never turned out the way I wanted it to. My hand-eye coordination was always off so the pumpkin was pretty funny looking. This time, I’m much older and I’m ready for redemption. Carving a pumpkin takes some time and it actually is a very relaxing and fun activity. You can also bake the seeds afterwards and eat them as a snack.
Share with us a picture of your Halloween costume on Twitter or Instagram by tagging @TheEasternEcho and using the hash tag #EchoHalloween for your chance to be featured in the paper next week.