1 (16 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
1⁄2 onion, cut into wedges
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
1⁄2 cup bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit and lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl mash beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
3. Finely chop the bell pepper, onion and garlic, then add to the beans and mix.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
5. Stir egg mixture into the bean and veggies. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together.
6. Divide the mixture into four patties and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes on each side.