For today’s recipe, the only difference between the homemade style and dorm room adaptation will be how we prepare the chicken. Our homemade recipe will use three chicken breasts cut into slices while in the dorm’s, we will be using six chicken tenderloins.
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
2-ounce feta cheese
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon salt
Black pepper to taste
1. In a large pan on medium heat, add olive oil, onion, bell pepper, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until fragrant, or about 5 minutes.
2. Add slices of chicken breasts to pan, and cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, or about 10 to 12 minutes.
Dorm room chicken:
1. Season chicken tenderloins with oregano, basil, salt and pepper, then place on a microwavable plate. Cover chicken and microwave on high for 4 minutes, then flip and microwave on high for another 5 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. If chicken is not done, continue cooking at 1 minute intervals.
1. Combine all ingredients for the feta sauce in a bowl and mix together until smooth.
2. Prep all veggies.
3. Cook chicken in one of two ways described above.
4. Warm up Pita bread in microwave to soften before topping with chicken, desired optional toppings, and feta sauce.
5. Wrap and enjoy.