- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds steak
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 green peppers
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 sub buns
- In a large pot or crockpot place onions, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, and stir until evenly distributed.
- Next, season steaks with garlic powder, salt and pepper, then place the steasteaks on top of onions.
- Then add the green pepper and mushrooms before adding 2-1/2 cups beef broth, if the steaks are not submerged in the broth, add in the remaining 1/2 cup.
- Cook on low for six hours, or until meat is properly cooked. If you are using a stove top, start with medium heat until the broth comes to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Once the meat is cooked, place cheese and cheese steak filling in the buns. If you are at home, you can wrap the sandwiches in tin foil and toast in the oven at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.