Dicey weather cancels morning classes, closes schools and leaves drivers in dangerous conditions

Excessive snowfall on Monday, Nov. 11 cancels classes for Early College Alliance and Ypsilanti Community Schools. Eastern Michigan University's classes have been delayed until 12:30 p.m

Classes have have been cancelled Tuesday, Nov. 12, for Ypsilanti Community Schools and the Early College Alliance @ EMU as of 12 a.m. A winter weather advisory was in effect until Tuesday at 12:00 a.m.

All Washtenaw County offices will be open for normal business on November 12.

Due to dangerous road conditions there will be no high school classes for Early College Alliance students. Eastern Michigan University has delayed the start of classes until 12:30 p.m. Offices for faculty and staff opened at 11 a.m.

Classes scheduled from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. are still taking place. The decision to remain open for classes beginning at 5 p.m. or later will be made before 3 p.m. today in accordance with Eastern Michigan University's policy.

Road conditions in Ypsilanti and the surrounding highways made commuting quite dangerous with multiple collisions and drifting related accidents.

Detroit Metro Airport had reported over six inches of snow by Monday evening, and the official total for Ann Arbor snowfall was 9.3 inches.

The historical average for the temperature high on Nov. 11 in Ypsilanti is 51 degrees Fahrenheit.

Ypsilanti weather for Tuesday is forecasted to be to mostly sunny with highs in the mid 20s. Winds are expected to reach between 10 and 15 mph.