ARE YOU IN THE ROOM.jpeg

Opinion: Watch out for CLUB INDGO, a new collective with an imaginative sound

CLUB INDGO is the culmination of East Coast talent. Together, they release their first official track “Are You In The Room.”

Not often do I hear groups making statements of being the equivalent of Diana Ross joining Bad Boy Records. When most artists make claims this bold, you assume their bark is worse than their bite; however, the new group CLUB INDGO and their newest single proves their ability.

CLUB INDGO first started when the rap collective Ill Addicts and singer Sanca linked up on the two tracks “Don't Know Why” and “California.” This could be described as a “match made in harmony” as the track led to a handful of artists coming together and creating the imaginative label CLUB INDGO. Now consisting of seven members, they plan to put their sound on display with their very first single.

Titled “Are You In The Room,” the group sets high standards for their first release. A collaboration from the Rhode Island singer Sanca and the Ill Addict member ProSwervez, the two create a mysterious R&B track. The song story is based on the two vocalists searching for “the one” in the room.

Filled with soul, boastful flows and elegant production, CLUB INDGO plans to come out the gate hot.

Though this is the first track from the collective, their previous solo work is still out there on streaming services. I recommend checking out tracks such as “Coke,” “SWISHAHOUSE” and “So Much Better.” As the weeks pass, hopefully CLUB INDGO is a name that becomes more familiar with the masses.