VISION is looking for students to be a part of the Best Buddies program. Could this be you?
Best Buddies is an organization that links a college buddy with a young adult that has an intellectual disability and promotes inclusion for people of all disabilities. During the school, you will learn how to build a meaningful friendship that will make a difference.
‘Buddies’ are to meet twice a month and talk on a weekly basis as well as participate in group events twice a month. These events include chapter meetings and fun, interactive events such as bowling, pumpkin patch, a Pistons basketball game, and much more. The overall mission of Best Buddies “have these friendships created naturally.”
To apply, go online to www.bestbuddiesonline.org and follow these steps provided by VISION:
1. Click membership application and go to the drop down box that says college.
2. Choose member type: New Member or Returning Member.
3. Select the College you are associated with: Eastern Michigan University.
4. Fill out the form below. This form will be sent to the College Buddy Director. If you are a college buddy who has a disability, please select that you do not have a disability or you will be signed up as a buddy.
5. Choose your role: College Buddy, Buddy, or Associate Member.
6. Do the Matching Survey, and you are done! Yay!
If you are interested in Best Buddies, but do not have the time dedicated to be a buddy, apply to be a Associate Member. Sign up at https://www.bestbuddiesonline.org/Instructions.aspx?t=1 . Associate Members are still required to sign up and come to training next week.
The Best Buddies training on Friday, September 13th and Saturday, September 14th in the VISION office, located on the third floor of the Student Center. Sign up for training at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y6JBW6N.
This training is REQUIRED for college ‘buddies’ and associate members who are participating in the program, so attend for more information. If you have any questions, email VISION at email@example.com or call (734) 487-1313.
Also, check out past stories on the Best Buddies program from The Eastern Echo:
Does anyone else notice how there are ZERO specifics ...