Michael G. Petersen

Recent articles

Grindhouse Review: "Child's Play"

|

“Child’s Play” (1988)
Directed By Tom Holland
Starring Catherine Hicks, Chris Sarandon, Alex Vincent and Brad Dourif On a cold rainy night in the city of Chicago, Illinois Charles Lee Ray (Dourif), the notorious Lakeshore Strangler, is being pursued by detective Mike Norris (Sarandon) after a simple robbery has gone awry.

Grindhouse Review: 'Living in Oblivion'

|

“Living in Oblivion” is the ultimate tribute to anyone who works on the independent film circuit. It captures the dedication and hardships anyone can go through during the production of a motion picture.

Grindhouse Review: 'Rear Window'

|

Riveting, brilliant, bold, daring and a masterful exercise in the art of suspense are a few words that describe Alfred Hitchcock’s cinematic masterpiece, “Rear Window.” Already within the top contenders for the 100 greatest movies of all time, Hitchcock redefines suspense and puts us in a voyeur’s shoes as we descend into a secret world of drama, lost romance and murder.

Grindhouse Review: 'Django Unchained'

|

“Django! Django, have you always been alone? Django, have you never loved again?” Marching across East Texas, chained to several other slaves, a melancholy figure drags forth through the dust and grime of the scorching desert. On his way to his new owner’s estate led by the Speck brothers, the figure pushes forward while being pursued by an unknown being. He is a lone soul carrying a long, pale, bleak expression on his face. His name is Django (Foxx), and he’s an African-American slave caught in the middle of a slave tradition set in the year 1858, just three years before the Civil War.

Grindhouse Review: 'Sunrise'

|

Temptation is one of the seven deadly sins; it intoxicates our society and clouds the hearts and minds of one’s judgment, causing mixed emotions when it comes to making a simple choice. The Man (Brein) falls into the arms of another woman (Livingston), who gives him the idea to leave his life and wife behind in F.W. Murnau’s classic tale of betrayal and redemption.

Grindhouse Review: 'Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2'

|

From writer, director and editor Lee Harry comes the next installment to the cult slasher franchise, “Silent Night, Deadly Night” with part two. Shot on a budget of just under $300,000 and somewhat incorporating new material based on the original film’s storyline, the film picks up years after the death of Billy Caldwell (Robert Brian Wilson) who was the poor helpless soul who snapped after witnessing his parents being brutally murdered by a violent criminal in a Santa suit.

Grindhouse Review: 'Creepshow 2: Old Chief Wooden Head'

|

From acclaimed author Steven King and legendry independent filmmaker George A. Romero comes the second installment to their classic horror anthology with “Creepshow 2.” Divided into three separated stories that are centered on a young teenage boy who picked up the latest issue of the popular comic, the film itself is considered a living breathing comic book that captures all the conventions, spirits and nature of a typical night at the movies for those who enjoy the horror genre.

Grindhouse Review: 'Black Christmas'

|

On a cold night in the winter of 1974, a group of sorority sisters are having their annual Christmas party before most of them go home for the holidays. But what they don’t know is that lurking in the shadows is a stranger who has something else in mind: Cold-blooded murder. When one of the girls disappears without a trace and the group keeps receiving cryptic and obscene phone calls, the relaxing holiday season turns into a twisted nightmare that unsettles the nerves and makes one wonder; if they’re not safe in their own house, then where are they safe?

Grindhouse Review: 'The New York Ripper'

|

“The New York Ripper” (1982) Directed By Lucio Fulci Starring Jack Hedley, Almanta Suska, Howard Ross, Andrea Occhipinti, Alexandra Delli Colli and Paolo Malco Hiding within the shadows of the Big Apple, he watches with a deep hungering lust for the young and the beautiful.

Grindhouse Review: 'Wes Craven's New Nightmare'

|

“Wes Craven’s New Nightmare” (1994) Directed By Wes Craven Starring Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, Miko Hughes, David Newsom, Tracy Middendorf, Fran Bennett and John Saxon “One, two, Freddy’s coming for you.”

Grindhouse Review: 'The Wraith'

|

From the outskirts of space and time comes an unknown force that’s created from light and dark. Its motive is simple, its form is unknown and its driving force is fear. It’s the Wraith—a phantom brought back to regain what was taken from him in his previous life.

Grindhouse Review: 'The Midnight Meat Train'

|

From visionary filmmaker/author Clive Barker comes one of his best adaptations since the first “Hellraiser” film released in 1987. Based on his 1984 short story “The Midnight Meat Train,” the film follows struggling photographer Leon Kauffman (Cooper) and his obsessive pursuit for dark subject matter.

Grindhouse Review: 'Meet the Feebles'

|

Meet the Feebles (1989) Directed By Peter Jackson Danny Mulheron, Donna Akersten, Stuart Devenie, Mark Hadlow, Brian Sergent, Peter Vere-Jones and Mark Wright

Grindhouse Review: 'Heartstopper' (aka 'Dark Craving')

|

“Heartstopper” (1991) (aka “Dark Craving”) Directed By John Russo Starring Kevin Kindlin, Moon Zappa, Tom Savini, John Hall, Tommy Lafitte and Michael J.Pollard. From John Russo, one of the creative minds behind the original masterpiece of terror, “Night of the Living Dead,” comes the film adaption based on his powerful and original novel, “The Awakening.”

Grindhouse Review: 'Martin'

|

“Martin” (1976) Directed By George A. Romero Starring John Amplas, Lincoln Maazel, Christine Forrest, Elyane Nadeau and Tom Savini Meet Martin. He’s charming, clever, witty, loveable, shy and very misunderstood. To the naked eye he seems like a normal teenager growing up in the crumbling city of Pittsburg. But a dark disturbing secret lies behind his twisted angelic face, something that no one would ever expect coming from this willful young man.

Grindhouse Review: 'The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari'

|

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) Directed by Robert Wiene Starring Werner Krauss, Conrad Veidt, Lil Dagover, Hans Heinrich von Twardowski, Friedrich Feher and Rudolf Lettinger

Grindhouse Review: 'Silent Night, Deadly Night'

|

“Silent Night, Deadly Night” (1984) Directed By Charles E. Sellier Jr. Starring Lilyan Chauvin, Gilmer McCormick, Toni Nero, Robert Brian Wilson, Britt Leach, Nancy Borgenicht, H.E.D. Redford and Danny Wagner “Deck the halls with naked bodies, Fa la la la la, la la la la.” Veteran documentary producer/filmmaker, Charles E. Sellier Jr. took his first and only attempt at the horror genre with his third directorial feature with the drive-in B classic, “Silent Night, Deadly Night.”

Grindhouse Review: 'Basket Case'

|

“Basket Case” (1982) Directed By Frank Henenlotter Starring Kevin Van Hentenryck, Terri Susan Smith, Beverly Bonner, Robert Vogel, Diana Browne, Lloyd Pace, Bill Freeman, Joe Clarke and Ruth Neuman. “What’s in the basket? Open it if you dare.” Writer/director Frank Henenlotter introduced us to a unique form of terror with the Bradley Brothers in the 1982 cult fan favorite “Basket Case.”

Grindhouse Review: 'Dark Star'

|

Clever and ambitious yet excruciatingly silly (unless you’re a fan of the campy sci-fi genre), filmmakers John Carpenter and future “Alien” creator Dan O’ Bannon teamed up for their first joint venture in storytelling with their 1974 cult classic, “Dark Star.”

Grindhouse Review: 'The Seventh Seal'

|

“The Seventh Seal” (1957) Directed By Ingmar Bergman Starring Gunnar Björnstrand, Bengt Ekerot, Nils Poppe, Max von Sydow, Bibi Andersson, Inga Gill and Maud Hansson “…And when the lamb opened the seventh seal…there was silence in the heavens about the space of a half an hour. And the seven angels which had the trumpets…prepared themselves to sound.”
Writer/director Ingmar Bergman captures the allegory of man’s apocalyptic search for the meaning of life in his breathtaking low budget masterpiece, “The Seventh Seal.” Written, directed and acted to perfection, Bergman molds and sculpts one of the deepest horror/dramas of all time that keeps us guessing and asking the one question that burns within the hearts of man, “Why are we here?”
After a decade of battling in the Crusades, a knight on his way home comes face to face with the Grim Reaper.

Recent media

img_7171
fearlessmike
img_5880
lindsay_rich
statonprofile
dsc_0617
img_3260
img_3173
img_4849
img_4164
img_4031
img_4209
img_3160
25

25

10

10

img_4390
img_3172
img_4264
img_3963
page2

page2

Powered by powered by SNworks Solutions by The State News