Are you the reason you're all by your lonesome?

Liar. Stealer. Backstabber. Condescending. Debbie Downer. Untrustworthy. Those aren’t exactly the words that come to mind when we think of our friends and what it means to be one.

While it’s always easier to point out other people’s faults, it’s harder to look in the mirror to see if we’re in the wrong. Often times we can be so full of ourselves and not know understand how our actions hurt others.

If you had ever felt like people might intentionally be avoiding you or that your friends aren’t psyched to hang out with you, then here may be the reasons why.

While it’s always good to be truthful with your friends, being critical is another thing. If you’re giving your opinion or making statements in a way that is constantly pointing out flaws or mistakes or seems to make your friends appear offended, there’s a good chance that you’re being critical. In other words, keep the honesty, but lose the judgment.

Life can be hectic at times. It seems that your twenties is filled with juggling personal lives, work and school.

While we can’t control every aspect of our day nor abandon our responsibilities, we should still learn the importance of managing our time wisely. When you’re constantly doing something else, it can come across like you’re blowing your friends off. Work and school is important, but having a social life is important too.

Most people would readily admit that they've either gossiped or knowingly listened to someone else do the gossiping at some point in their lives.

While it seems like that is the natural sign of trust within a friendship and that your group may seem okay with it, please be aware that while your friends might be engaged in your gossip about other people, they will constantly have thoughts in the back of their minds like “Is this person trustworthy?”, “How can I be sure they won’t tell my business to others?” and “When I’m not around are they talking about me?”

Feeling like you can’t trust your friends is not only emotionally but mentally draining. Be a good, dependable friend that always makes sure people know that they can talk to you in confidence and count on you to not spill the beans.