The Splat

90s Nostalgia comes to TeenNick

“Awe, here it goes.”

Do you remember this popular line from the intro of 90’s sitcom, Kenan & Kel? For those who lived in the 90’s, just thinking about the television of then and now can bring back a hint of nostalgia. Well, there’s no need to fuss about the “good old days” of television just yet.

Last month, Nickelodeon announced that a block of programming called ­The Splat will be premiering on TeenNick on Monday, Oct. 5 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. E.S.T. The Splat will be dedicated to episodes of 90’s classics such Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, All That, and many more favorites.

Deborah Munganga, a junior International Affairs major at EMU, is ready for The Splat to premiere.

“It’s exciting to watch the things you watched when you were younger,” she said.

Fans can also expect old promos and interstitials such as Doo Wop Dinosaurs and stunt programs including Super Toy Run.

“The thing about bringing back the 90’s is that it gives our younger siblings a chance to see how we became crazy,” said Jasmine Barringer, a senior English Language, literature, writing major at EMU.

Barringer also said that when she was a child she would stay up late to watch Rugrats, Rocket Power, and Hey Arnold.

“I think we’re going to come to understand the content of the cartoons differently. We’re going to enjoy it more because it wouldn’t be the way we understood it years ago because of our change in perspective,” said Barringer.

Fans can get involved with The Splat by going to thesplat.com to engage in conversations about the programming. There will also be an emoji keyboard with custom ‘90s emojis, stickers, and GIFs. The Splat will be available on many platforms of social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr.

“I am very excited about The Splat. I love the old shows from Nick,” said junior Physics major, Alex Goodwyn. “They were funny, creative, original, and diverse. They had colorful characters and engaging stories. They were just great.”

So, don’t forget to mark your calendars as Reptar will be taking over on Rugrats the week of Oct.12 and Stoop Kid will be featured in the Hey Arnold episodes on Oct. 19.

According to a press release, other shows that will be appearing on The Splat include: Clarissa Explains It All, Angry Beavers, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, CatDog, Rocko’s Modern Life, Hey Arnold, Hey Dude, Kenan & Kel, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Salute Your Shorts, and The Wild Thornberries.