Thanksgiving Food Drive

VISION Volunteer Center at EMU is partnering with SOS Community Services to host a food drive for citizens of Ypsilanti, Michigan. SOS Community Services works to eliminate homelessness throughout Washtenaw County. Housing stability and family independence is promoted by SOS through collaboration, care and respect.

“I think that it's important for EMU students to remember that we are part of the Ypsilanti community. Sharing resources is one way to be a part of the Ypsilanti community in a positive way,”  said Becca Timmermans, VISION Volunteer Center Coordinator.

SOS is requesting the following donations: adult and personal care items, cleaning supplies, Ziploc bags, plastic/paper grocery bags and non-perishable food items. The entire SOS wish list can be found online at Easterecho.com.

The thanksgiving food drive is open for contributions until Friday, November 18th. Each floor in the Student Center has donation centers for the Thanksgiving Food Drive. The donation box on the first floor is near the bookstore. Starbucks has a donation box near it on the second floor. On the third floor, there is a donation location near the Campus life entrance.

What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving foods or recipes you would like to share with the Ypsilanti community? Share your thoughts with us on twitter: EasternEcho_AE