EMU to host 42nd Undergraduate Symposium on March 25

EMU's 42nd Undergraduate Symposium will showcase students' research and creative projects on Friday, March 25. The event is free and open to the public.

Eastern Michigan University’s 42nd Undergraduate Symposium will be held in-person on Friday, March 25, at the EMU Student Center. 

Undergraduate students' research projects, design-based projects, and performances in the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences will be showcased. Students, faculty, staff, and the general public are welcome to attend. 

The event will be kickstarted by this year’s keynote speaker, EMU alumna and novelist Bethany Ball, at 8:30 a.m.

Students may give 15-minute oral or poster presentations about their research project, and attendees have the opportunity to participate in these presentations. 

This year’s research project topics include increasing safety in self-driving cars, reducing the risk of stroke in specific populations, exploring the effects of teaching the German language in early education, creating quality animation with low-cost software, and more.

Other students may participate in the Crossing Lines Design Expo, which showcases design-based projects in a gallery. Visual creative projects include interior design, 2D and 3D art, simulation animation gaming, and furniture design.

The event is held from 8:35 a.m. to 3 p.m. and parking will be available for free at the EMU Student Center Lot. Masks and other COVID-19 safety guidelines will be in place. 

More information on the 42nd Undergraduate Symposium can be found at emich.edu/symposium.