vince-fleming-4Kgzk3Mt2aw-unsplash.jpg

Opinion: 5 benefits of matcha tea

Green tea, known as matcha, has been consumed for generations in China and Japan. Matcha does improve our health system through several benefits.

When consumed in balance, coffee and matcha both have health-promoting qualities that improve levels of energy and cognitive function due to their caffeine and antioxidant contents. However, matcha is the way to go if you want to get healthy benefits without getting the jitters from the acid or caffeine.

Matcha Boosts Immunity System

According to WebMD, green tea's antioxidants strengthen your immune system and shield cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. This can lessen bodily inflammation and ease the signs and symptoms of long-term medical disorders, such as arthritis. Matcha contains the antioxidant catechin EGEG, which is useful in preventing and defending the body from bacterial and viral illnesses.

Promotes Calmness

Unlike coffee, where caffeine often affects people, matcha tea has the opposite calming effect. Due to the significant levels of the chemical L-theanine that matcha contains, studies have demonstrated that matcha helps people relax. They enable a constant release of caffeine, lessening the jittery, anxious effects that caffeine frequently has. This encourages an attentive and concentrated state of mind, which can be challenging for several of us.

Boosts Brain Function

Although matcha contains additional nutrients not found in coffee, according to WebMD, research has proven that it is healthier than coffee. The main nutrient is L-theanine which is a stimulant that has been demonstrated to boost alpha wave activity in the brain, boosting alertness, boosting relaxation, and stress relief. It changes the impact that caffeine has on our systems by allowing it to be metabolized more slowly, which lessens the negative consequences associated with caffeine intake. Matcha does promote focus and helps people with memory loss. Those who have memory-related illnesses like Alzheimer's and dementia may benefit from it. According to a study by NIH (National Center for Biotechnology Medicine), older people who consume 2 grams of matcha powder daily for two months see increases in their general concentration and brain function.

Helps with Weight loss

Matcha is a green tea powder, and studies have indicated that green tea in particular can help with weight loss. According to studies, green tea can assist boosting our metabolisms, which increases the number of calories and fat that are burned. Matcha contains the chemical EGCg, which raises the hormone cholecystokinin (CCK), which makes us feel full and helps prevent overeating.

Enhances Healthy Skin

Matcha helps with clearing your skin because matcha contains a plethora of antioxidants. According to TenzoTea, matcha's catechins neutralize oxidative stress in our skin, which slows the aging process and combats acne and rosacea. EGCg has anti-inflammatory properties that lessen skin irritation, increase skin suppleness, and minimize redness. The tannins have been demonstrated to constrict pores and stop any excessive oil production. Matcha is an excellent skin exfoliator when applied topically since it removes dead skin cells and reveals a more youthful-looking complexion.