Eastern Michigan University’s Women’s Resource Center, along with the University Career and Academic Development Center, is hosting a Women's Leadership Panel on March 13 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Student Center room 310 AB.
The event is taking place in honor of Women’s History Month, which originated in 1987. Previously, starting in 1909, women’s history was celebrated for just a single day.
“This is an event as part of our Women's History Month events, to honor and celebrate women who have overcome obstacles to be the leaders they are today,” Deanna Kowaleski, Women's Resource Center Program Coordinator for Diversity & Community Involvement, said
The Women in Leadership panel will feature seven women in well-established careers, many of which are EMU alumna.
The following speakers will be present at the event:
- Co-Executive Director of Design Core Kiana Wenzell
- Chief of State to Senator Sarah Anthony Jenita Moore
- EMU Interim Chief Diversity Officer Dr. Doris Fields
- Director of K-12 STEM Outreach Dr. Bia Hamed
- Mayor of Ypsilanti Nicole Brown
- Interim Director School of Nursing Dr. Jennifer Avery
- Middle School Principal LaTasha Goodall
Anyone interested in attending the event must register in advance @emuwomenscenter on Instagram.