Bobcat Bonnies.jpg

Upcoming Halloween events in Ypsilanti

Halloween is approaching with the fall season here, and there’s plenty of festivities for the citizens of Ypsilanti to partake in. To kick off the October's spooky season, here are a list of events one can attend:

Halloween Themed Trivia Night

On Sunday Oct. 1, Bobcat Bonnie's is having a Halloween Themed Trivia Night from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. downstairs in the Keystone Bar and Arcade. No prior sign up is needed to attend. Hosted by Sporcle, tables are first come first serve, however, the public can reserve a table reservation on the Bobcat Bonnie's website.

Location: 200 W Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti

Pumpkins on the Patio 

Maiz Mexican Cantina will host pumpkin decorating on their back patio in collaboration with Scrap Creative Reuse for Pumpkins on the Patio Friday, Oct. 6. This event will run from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The materials to decorate will be provided for those who attend. Event organizers ask that carving tools should not be brought due to the nature of it being for all ages. Some of the supplies include hot glue guns, paint and paint brushes. Every pumpkin purchase is $5 and registration to attend is required. Attendees can register on their Eventbrite page.

Location: 36 E Cross St, Ypsilanti

A Spooktacular Art Opening by Erika Ventura

On Oct. 6 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Unity Vibration, local artist Erika Ventura will be opening her "spooky themed" art installation in the Triple Goddess Tasting Room. Musicians Meera Kumar and Michael Turner will be performing later at the event from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., there will also be kombucha beers and tea. For more information, check out the the Facebook page.

Location: 93 Ecorse Road, Ypsilanti

Ypsi Freak Fest

Starting Oct. 6, guests can enjoy live music over the weekend at Riverside Park, Ziggy's, the Regal Beagle, Wyrd Byrd and the Dreamland Theater. The event begins with a free outdoor kickoff to Ypsi in October, featuring live music and vendors on South Washington Street between Michigan Avenue & Ferris Street. Visit their website for the full lineup and additional information.

Location: Various Locations

Wiard's Night Terrors

Five haunted attractions will take place at Wiard's Orchards and County Fair. From Oct. 6 to Oct. 29, the public can experience attractions such as The Ultimate Haunted Barn, The MindShaft, The Asylum, Hayride of the Lost and Alien Caged Clowns. Each attraction opens at 7:30 p.m.

Run Scream Run: 1 Mile, 5K, 10K at Wiard's Orchards and County Fair 

This event on Saturday, Oct. 7, will go from 9 a.m. to noon. A portion of the race's proceeds will be going to the Angelman Foundation, an organization founded to bring awareness to the rare disorder angelman syndrome. The venue for the run was chosen to add an eerie vibe. However, be a one hour and 45 minute cutoff time for the 10K run in response to course conflict. Prices vary and registration will close at noon. EST on Oct. 5. Check out their website for tickets and registration to run.

Location: 5565 Merritt Road, Ypsilanti

Holy Bones Festival

The Holy Bones Festival will take place at Ypsilanti Performance Space this year for its fifth annual event on Tuesday Oct. 7 from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. The festival is a celebration for all the things weird or scary. Advance tickets are uniquely priced at $6.66 and go for sale for $10, the day off. Some of the local artists that will be present are Haylie Mousseau and Morgan Burgard. There will also be a Drag Hour for Drag Artists to perform. Food, beverage, and dessert vendors will be provided. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Location: 218 N Adams St, Ypsilanti