The Eastern Echo Saturday, Aug. 31, 2024 | Print Archive

IMG_1705.JPG

Eagles add 14 newcomers to football program after Late Signing Day period

The Eagles finish with fifth-ranked overall recruiting class in MAC as they sit atop of the transfer class rankings

It was yet another mirrored day of Christmas for high school athletes from around the country as Wednesday, Feb. 7, marked the Late Signing Day period, and for the Eastern Michigan University football program, they will add 14 new faces to the program roster. 

After the Early Signing Period in December where the Eagles would see 30 players sign their National Letter of Intent, the EMU football program officially brings in 44 new players for the upcoming 2024 season. 

The Eagles will see three new linebackers, two new defensive backs, two new defensive linemen, two new offensive linemen, two new wide receivers, a kicker, a quarterback, and a running back arrive at 'The Factory.'

Additions on offense include University at Buffalo transfer quarterback Cole Snyder, kicker Rudy Kessinger from Bishop Watterson High School, NC State University transfer running back Delbert Mimms III, Hope College offensive lineman transfer Jack Storey, offensive lineman Nicholas Sutherby from Saline High School, Ohio University transfer wide receiver Tyler Walton, and wide receiver Carson Wilson from Parkview High School. 

On the defensive side of the ball, Iowa State transfer defensive lineman Jefferson Adam, defensive back Emil Burton from Romulus High School, Arizona State transfer linebacker James Djonak, defensive lineman Reggie Garner from Southfield A&T, defensive back Elisiah Lovett, Coastal Carolina transfer linebacker JT Killen, and linebacker Colin Main from Frankenmuth High School. 

EMU currently has the fifth-ranked overall recruiting class in the Mid-American Conference while holding the top trasnfer class in the conference, according to 247sports. 

The Eagles will return to their routine in mid-March for their first spring practice which includes a series of 15 practices over the span of four weeks leading up to the annual spring football game in April.