The Eastern Echo Sunday, Oct. 6, 2024 | Print Archive

STUFD

Ypsilanti's late-night restaurants in walking distance of campus

As a college student, there are often times in which one will have to pull an all-nighter in order to complete homework assignments or study for exams. According to Dine on Campus, Eastern Michigan University's dining and market locations all close by 10:30 p.m., with all restaurant-style locations closing earlier.

There are some food locations in Ypsilanti that are open late and are all within a 22-minute walk from Eastern's Student Center, according to Apple Maps. Here are five restaurants that are open until at least 12 a.m.

1. Insomnia Cookies

Insomnia Cookies is located at 733 W. Cross St., and it is a 15-minute walk from the Student Center. The chain is known for its locations being near college campuses, allowing students the opportunity to appease late-night cravings for sweets. They offer classic cookies, such as red velvet and chocolate chunk, and they also offer deluxe cookies. A selection of vegan cookies are available, as well. Customers can purchase these cookies individually, or they can purchase them in packs. Additional items sold are different flavors of ice cream, brownies and milk, with bottles of water also available.

Hours

Sunday: 12 p.m. to 1 a.m., Monday-Wednesday: 11 a.m. to 1 a.m., Thursday-Friday: 11 a.m. to 3 a.m., Saturday: 12 p.m. to 3 a.m.

2. The Wurst Bar

The Wurst Bar is located at 705 W. Cross St., with the projected walking time being listed as 16 minutes from the Student Center. Opened in 2013, The Wurst Bar is known for its burgers and house-made wursts. Wursts can be ordered on either a brioche or pretzel bun, and a selection of toppings can be added. The bar also sells an array of snack foods, such as their Bavarian pretzels. The Wurst Bar also hosts Bingo Night weekly on Tuesdays starting at 9 p.m.

Hours

Sunday: 4 p.m. to 12 a.m., Monday-Saturday: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.

3. STUFD

Located at 505 W. Cross St., STUFD is 19 minutes away in walking distance. This restaurant specializes in burritos, tacos, chimichangas, quesadillas and nachos. It also offers a variety of protein options: steak, grilled chicken, shredded beef, shredded chicken and tofu. There are also vegetarian options available. After selecting their protein options, customers are able to select desired add-ons, free of charge. If a desert is craved, one can also choose from the restaurant's churros, fried candy bar or cookies. As food is being prepared, customers also have the opportunity to play a game of foosball, with the table being located down the stairs of the establishment.

Hours

Sunday-Saturday: 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.

4. D.P. Dough

D.P. Dough is located at 729 W. Cross St. Approximately a 15-minute walk from the Student Center, this establishment is known for its calzones and chicken wings. Regarding calzones, customers can choose from a certain calzone on the menu, or they can build their own. When choosing to build one, customers can select from a variety of proteins, vegetables, cheeses, sauces to be placed in the calzone, and sauces to be served on the side. Tater tots and different types of sticks, including cinnamon sticks, are available.

Hours

Sunday-Saturday: 4 p.m. to 4 a.m.

5. Got Burger!

Got Burger! is located at 301 W. Cross St., encompassing a 22-minute walk. Although "burger" is in the restaurant's name, different food items are sold. Shawarma, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, chicken wings, and wraps are listed on the menu, alongside a variety of sides. They also sell a multitude of flavored smoothies, such as mango, peach and strawberry.

Hours

Monday-Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 1 a.m., Thursday-Saturday: 10 a.m. to 3 a.m.

Although Eastern may close its dining locations earlier in the night, students have options when it comes to feeding their late-night appetites. With these locations being in walking distance from Eastern's Student Center, students can ensure their schoolwork will not be completed on an empty stomach.