RockthePatio_Cover.png

Meet the artists performing at Rock the Patio

It's almost time for EMU's annual Rock the Patio music experience! Before arriving at University Park, check out the five artists that will be taking the stage from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, April 18, at the Student Center. 

Artists performing at the end-of-the-year music festival audition for the role earlier this semester. 

The Third Degree

TheThirdDegree2.JPG
Credit: The Third Degree

The Third Degree is a rock band composed of vocalist Abbey Byrne, drummer Garrett Bice, bassist Leif Owen, and guitarists Alex Haalck and Evan Beane. Byrne is currently a musical therapy student finishing her third year at EMU. The Northern Michigan group was founded in 2018. Recently, they opened for rock band Levitator at Beards Brewery in Petoskey, Michigan. Apart from their original music, they also perform classic and modern rock covers. Prepare yourselves for bold and vigorous tunes!

Queso Tone

QuesoTone.JPG
Credit: RudeBoyJemo

The versatile Queso Tone, A.K.A. Antonio Byrd, Jr., is a rapper, singer, songwriter and producer from Oak Park, Michigan. He is a fourth year EMU student and graduate of Specs Howard School of Media Arts. He began his music journey in 2017 as a junior in high school. With a discography ranging from rap to pop music, Tone creates a unique experience for all listeners. He recently released his new album "Raw Ambition" and single "Take a Flick," which can be found on Spotify and Apple Music.

Perfect Strangers

PerfectStrangers.jpg
Credit: Perfect Strangers

Perfect Strangers is an alternative rock band from Metro Detroit that formed in 2020. The band features EMU graduate student Aidan Thomas on vocals, lead guitarists Colin Wilk and Nate Walker, bassist Antonio Hinojosa and drummer Ty Evans. The group writes its own music, crediting Jack White as one of its inspirations. Whether working at Guitar Center or teaching music lessons, Perfect Strangers is composed of members who surround their lives with music. Their most recent releases are riff-filled singles "I feel better alone" and "Aliens." Check out their funky yet melodic tunes on Spotify and Apple Music.

Anthony Roperti

AnthonyRoperti.JPG
Credit: Anthony Roperti

Anthony Roperti is a 21-year-old independent artist who creates music across several different genres, with pop being the most common. The Dexter, Michigan, native is wrapping up his third year as a nursing student at EMU. Roperti has been singing since he was a child and has been an artist for about three years. He recently released a new single titled "Devil in Disguise." With clear vocals and snappy beats, you won't want to miss Roperti's debut act.

Raincheck

RAINCHECK.JPG
Credit: RAINCHECK

Raincheck is an indie/alt rock band from southern Detroit. They formed the group in 2018. The band consists of junior EMU student Jonny Stuart on vocals and guitar, Ryan Hays on drums, Christian Cuevas on lead guitar, Alex Brockington on bass and Zakk Snyder on synth. Each member of the group seamlessly ties together their roles, creating an unmissable experience. The group recently released their new single, "Worse on My Own." You can find their albums, EPs and other singles on your favorite music streaming service.