The Eastern Michigan University women’s basketball team defeated the Buffalo Bulls with a score of 72-54 on the road Wednesday night.

The Eagles shot 40 percent from the field and 50 percent from beyond the arc. Where free throws were concerned, the Eagles shot 75 percent. Their total rebounds added up to 41 and they had 17 steals.

The big player for the Eagles was Tavelyn James who had 34 points and three rebounds.

Paige Redditt followed with 11 points and seven rebounds while Olivia Fouty was able to pull down 10 rebounds and score four points.

Desyree Thomas scored a total of nine points and grabbed seven rebounds and Natachia Watkins had eight points and five rebounds.

The Bulls were able to shoot 35 percent in the field goal range and 25 percent for three pointers. They were able to shoot 78 percent from the free-throw line. They had 36 rebounds and ended the game with 10 steals.

The top player for the Bulls was Brittney Hedderson who had nine points. Nicki Hopkins scored eight points and Margeaux Gupilan came away with six points. Beth Christensen was the lead rebounder with 11 and she also had three points.

The Eagles will return to action at 2 p.m. this Saturday in the Convocation Center when they take on the Akron Zips in the first game of a double-header. The men’s team will take on Bowling Green at 4:30 p.m.